Apply to be an accredited bus operator
- Route bus service
- Demand responsive bus service
- Tour and charter bus service
- Courtesy bus service (other than a non-commercial courtesy bus service)
- Local bus service
Find out more about the types of bus service and operator requirements.
This section contains information on the bus operator accreditation application process, including:
- The application process and forms
- The fees you need to pay
- The ways you can demonstrate competence
- Your obligations once you are an accredited bus operator
- The information that must be contained on accredited bus operator number plates and how these should be displayed
- How to apply for an exemption.
The video below is a good starting point if you are thinking about applying for accreditation. It is also worth checking out the frequently asked questions about bus operator accreditation on this website.
A short guide to bus operator accreditation
This video explains who needs to apply for bus operator accreditation, how to apply, and the criteria you must meet to become accredited.