Bus operator investigations
An accredited or registered bus operator may undertake an investigation of a bus incident without direction from Bus Safety Victoria.
The operator must notify us that an investigation has commenced, and the date when the investigation report will be completed (within 60 days of notification).
An investigation report must contain:
- A description of the bus incident
- An analysis of the causes of the bus incident
- Recommended actions to prevent such a bus incident occurring again.
We may require an operator to:
- Conduct a more detailed investigation into a bus incident
- Provide further information in an investigation report
- Clarify certain matters contained within an investigation report.