Permanent waterway rule changes
This page provides information about all new or amended permanent waterway rules and the reasons for the decisions we make to change a waterway rule.
New or amended rule notices
Follow the links to view the following new or amended rules on the Victoria Government Gazette website.
- 24/04/2017 | Goulburn River from Hughes Creek to Goulburn Weir including Lake Nagambie - rewritten waterway rules (no changes to the operation or intention of the rules)
- 19/12/2016 | Local Port of Port Phillip (Stage 4 south west, Clifton Springs, Ricketts Point) & Western Port Bay (Balnarring) - changes to operating rules
- 01/12/2016 | Lake Hamilton - changes to operating rules
- 01/07/2016 | Blue Rock Lake - trial operating rules made permanent
- 08/06/2016 | Wooroonook Lakes- changes to operating rules
Decision to make or not make a waterway rule
The following documents outline our reasons for making or not making a requested waterway rule. The rule is not current until published in the list above.
- 08/08/2017 | Gunbower Creek DOCX, 4.6 MB
- 20/04/2017 | Goulburn River from Hughes Creek to Goulburn Weir including Lake Nagambie DOCX, 680.2 KB
- 06/12/2016 | Gippsland Lakes - Hopetoun Channel DOCX, 2.7 MB
- 08/11/2016 | Lake Hamilton DOCX, 9.8 MB
- 10/08/2016 | Green Hill Lake DOCX, 4.0 MB
- 26/05/2016 | Local Port of Port Phillip - Clifton Springs DOC, 2.6 MB
Proposed rule notices
Follow the links to view current requests from waterway managers to propose waterway rules on the Victoria Government Gazette website.
- 15/02/2017 | Lake Nagambie & Goulburn River
- 04/11/2016 | Local Port of Port Phillip and Western Port Bay
- 29/08/2016 | Little Lake Boort
- 12/08/2016 | Lake Hamilton
- 01/07/2015 | Wimmera River
- 17/06/2015 | Bridgewater Lakes
- 12/11/2014 | Dock Lake
- 12/11/2014 | Pine Lake
- 12/11/2014 | Rocklands Reservoir
- 28/10/2014 | Local Port of Port Phillip, Clifton Springs
- 02/10/2014 | Hopetoun Channel, Gippsland Lakes
- 22/09/2014 | Hopetoun Channel, Gippsland Lakes
- 22/09/2014 | Hopetoun Channel and Reeves Channel.
- 18/09/2014 | Hopetoun Channel, Gippsland Lakes