Rail Safety Week 2016
8 August 2016
RSW2016 runs August 15-21
The TrackSafe campaign urges people to:
- Stand behind the yellow or white line on the platform at all times.
- While travelling on board a train make sure you're holding onto something and exercising courtesy towards others.
- Be sensible, pay attention and be alert around trains; don't play on your mobile phone, hop off your bike and always remove headphones when you are near train tracks.
- Drivers should learn how to share the road with a light rail system, especially when giving way or performing a hook/U-turn.
- Always look both ways before you cross the road where there are light rail tracks.
- Community to become aware of light rail construction zones and new light rail projects integrating with current transport systems.