Apply to be an accredited bus operator
- Route bus service
- Demand responsive bus service
- Tour and charter bus service
- Courtesy bus service (other than a non-commercial courtesy bus service)
- Local bus service
Find out more about the types of bus service and operator requirements.
This section contains information on the bus operator accreditation application process, including:
- The application process and forms
- The fees you need to pay
- The ways you can demonstrate competence
- Your obligations once you are an accredited bus operator
- The information that must be contained on accredited bus operator number plates and how these should be displayed
- How to apply for an exemption.
The video below is a good starting point if you are thinking about applying for bus operator accreditation. It is also worth checking out our frequently asked questions.
Guide to bus operator accreditation
We've created a video explaining who needs to apply for bus operator accreditation, how to apply, and the criteria you must meet to become accredited.
Watch our Bus Operator Accreditation video on YouTube, with closed captions, or you can read the video transcript.
Note: Since this video was made, new bus safety regulations were introduced in 2020.