The bus operator accreditation and registration schemes have been simplified and consolidated into one accreditation system. These changes came into effect on 1 March 2022.
Information about the changes is available on the front page of the Bus Safety section of this website in Latest News. Online information sessions about the changes to the Bus Safety Act 2009 and the accompanying regulations will be promoted here shortly.
From 5 April 2021, operators must display their accreditation or registration number on their buses.
Requirements are defined in the Bus Safety Regulations 2020, S.R. No. 102/2020.
The accreditation or registration number must be displayed:
- next to the front passenger loading door
- in a position and colour that is clearly visible from outside the bus
- in characters at least 50 mm high and of proportionate width.
How do I create my identification number?
You have a few options:
- Have professional stickers made.
- Buy adhesive letters and numbers to combine into a neat sticker.
- Print the identification number and tape it inside a window facing out.
Having problems creating your numbers?
Send your identification number to email@example.com and we will create a PDF that can be printed and stuck on the inside of a window on your bus.