Bus Safety Week 2018: 2-6 July
29 June 2018
Bus Safety Week is our annual opportunity to assess, strengthen and celebrate our shared responsibility for the safe operation of bus services in Victoria.
During Bus Safety Week 2018, Bus Safety Victoria (BSV) will be highlighting some key safety messages.
BSV encourages bus operators to:
- Refresh your awareness of your safety duties under the Bus Safety Act 2009 (Vic). See: Safety duties for bus operators
- Revisit the concept of ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ in your safety risk management thinking. See: Managing the risks to bus safety
- Access and strengthen your safety culture. See: Safety culture guidance
- Celebrate your safety commitment with your community.
Get on the bus
Use Bus Safety Week 2018 materials to share your safety commitment to passengers through your digital and social communities.
- Download the social media kit DOCX, 465.0 KB - we'll be tweeting these messages from @TSVsafety
- Tag your Bus Safety Week posts with #BusSafetyWeek2018
- Share Bus Safety Week videos.
Call 1800 223 022 for more information on bus safety and bus legislation.
BSV values your participation in this year’s Bus Safety Week to help maintain a strong, trusted and safe Victorian bus industry.