Maritime safety reports
We collect information about recreational and commercial marine incidents across Victoria to identify and monitor safety risks. We also investigate individual incidents.
The reports listed below contain statistical data about marine incidents and include a snapshot of boat registrations and operator licences across the state.
- 2016-17 Annual maritime safety report DOCX, 9.2 MB
- 2015-16 Annual maritime safety report DOCX, 1.8 MB
- 2014-15 Annual maritime safety report DOCX, 1.7 MB
- 2013-14 Annual maritime safety report DOC, 1.6 MB
- 2012-13 Annual maritime safety report DOC, 1.3 MB
- 2011-12 Annual maritime safety report DOC, 1.8 MB
Maritime Safety Victoria is developing a new information management system to advance our data intelligence and reporting capabilities. While we implement this system, there will be a delay in the release of the 2017-18 Annual Maritime Safety Report. If you wish to be notified when the report is released, email email@example.com
Spirit of Tasmania II
Published 31 May 2016
Breakaway from Station Pier Port Melbourne Wednesday 13 January 2016.
Capsize and loss of kayaks off Anglesea
Published 3 August 2016
Students and teachers were rescued off Anglesea Tuesday 3 May 2016.