Australian Builders Plate Standard – Edition 5 now available
17 December 2020
A new edition of the National Standard for the Australian Builders Plate for Recreational Boats (the Standard) is now available for download as a PDF or accessible Word document.
- National Standard for the Australian Builders Plate for Recreational Boats, Edition 5 PDF, 3.2 MB
- National Standard for the Australian Builders Plate for Recreational Boats, Edition 5 DOCX, 1.2 MB
Transport Safety Victoria is hosting the Standard on behalf of Australian state and territory marine safety agencies while a new national website is created to host it.
The update to the Standard was authored by the Australian Recreational Boating Safety Committee following an extensive national consultation process. It’s designed to improve clarity and ease of use, and to deliver better safety guidance for Australian boaters.
All states (and the Northern Territory) aim to enact this Standard in their respective legislation on or before 5 June 2021. Check with your local marine safety agency to confirm the exact details in your state or territory.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- FAQs – The Standard update PDF, 649.7 KB
- FAQs – Boat builders PDF, 920.7 KB
- FAQs – Boat dealers PDF, 921.3 KB
- FAQs – General public PDF, 903.2 KB
- FAQs – Imported boats PDF, 532.0 KB
Accessible Word FAQs
- FAQs – The Standard update DOCX, 187.3 KB
- FAQs – Boat builders DOCX, 1005.7 KB
- FAQs – Boat dealers DOCX, 1004.8 KB
- FAQs – General public DOCX, 999.8 KB
- FAQs – Imported boats DOCX, 67.7 KB
ABP Standard Consultation Feedback Summary