Safety Alert: Goulburn River hazard – downstream of Killingworth River Reserve boat ramp
21 January 2022
Warning to waterway users of a large fallen tree across the Goulburn River between Killingworth River Reserve and Ghin Ghin Road Bridge that is blocking passage.
- Estimated location is approximately 4.25 kms downstream of the Killingworth River Reserve boat ramp.
- Be aware that passage may be hazardous or blocked.
- The location of the obstruction is not easily accessed via road.
- A five (5) knot speed restriction applies to the waters of Goulburn River downstream of Eildon Pondage.
- Paddlers and boaters are reminded to check the river conditions and be aware of fast flowing rivers. Goulburn Broken Rainfall and River Conditions (bom.gov.au)
- Let someone know before you go, wear a lifejacket, and carry a distress beacon.
- More advice for paddlers: Paddle craft | Transport Safety Victoria
THIS ADVICE IS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
Director Maritime Safety