Safety warning: Goulburn River log jams
21 December 2018
Northern Victoria: Goulburn River bridges downstream of Eildon Pondage to Seymour
Log jams and debris under bridges
- Maritime Safety Victoria advises that paddlers and boaters should navigate with caution.
- Be aware that passage may be hazardous or blocked.
- Take particular care around Gilmores Bridge, Breakaway Bridge at Acheron, Goulburn Valley Highway Bridge and the old railway bridge at Molesworth.
- A five (5) knot speed restriction applies to the waters of Goulburn River downstream of Eildon Pondage.
- Paddlers and boaters are reminded to check the conditions and be aware of fast flowing rivers.
- Let someone know before you go, wear a lifejacket, and carry a distress beacon.
- More advice for paddlers: transportsafety.vic.gov.au/msv/paddling
Pictured: Breakaway Bridge log jam