Report a marine incident

  • Always dial 000 in an emergency
  • If an incident has occurred but you are not in immediate danger, report it to Victoria Police on 1800 135 729

Recreational vessels

Domestic commercial vessels

If you are the owner/master of a domestic commercial vessel (DCV) involved in a marine incident, supply Maritime Safety Victoria (the AMSA delegate in Victoria) with a written marine incident report within 72 hours of becoming aware of the incident.

Was this page helpful?

Thank you, your feedback is valuable to us.