Rail safety regulation schemes
Light rail transport operators and a number of tourist and heritage rail transport operators are regulated under the Rail Safety (Local Operations) Act 2006 (Vic).
Victorian heavy rail transport operators and a number of tourist and heritage operators, including those operating on the main line, are regulated by the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR).
Operators TSV regulates under the local scheme
- KDR Victoria Pty Ltd (Yarra Trams)
- Alexandra Timber Tramway & Museum Inc
- Ballarat Tramway Museum Inc
- Castlemaine & Maldon Preservation Society
- Melbourne Tramcar Preservation Association Inc
- Portland Cable Trams Inc
- Red Cliffs Historical Steam Railway Inc
- The Central Highland Tourist Railway
- The Bendigo Trust
- Walhalla Goldfields Railway
- Yarra Valley Railways Inc